Just a few years after we were founded 1867 we recognised the signs of the times: the rising quality expectations of the ongoing Industrial Revolution generated demand for suitable tools, e.g. for surface finishing. We therefore began producing emery paper and emery cloth in 1875. A market niche had been discovered. In those days we were the only Swiss manufacturer of coated abrasives. Over time our company has grown to be the one of the largest manufacturers in the industry.